Disclosure: RKHomeowner is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for obtaining professional financial advice. Regardless of professional titles and accreditations, Romana King and all contributors published on this Website are not licensed to provide financial advice through this site. Under no circumstances should any information from this Website be used as a replacement for professional financial advice. If you want specific, professional advice, we encourage you to seek out and pay for proper, professional advice prior to acting on any information you may find and read on this Website.
Under no circumstances are the authors of this Website responsible for the accuracy or completeness of anything contained on the Website—even though we attempt to bring accurate information. As such, the Website and all contributors do not accept responsibility for any liability, injury, or damage that may occur to you from using any information contained on this Website.
Readers should always exercise their own judgement when making any decisions about their money.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links included in the Website are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, allow us to earn a commission. As a personal finance expert, I will never recommend products or services I don’t personally use or stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this blog and keep my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
- Email address.
- Mailing address.
- Phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Your registration information, such as a username and password.
- Age, gender, or other similar demographic information when such information is relevant to a particular financial product or service you have requested (for example, when requesting auto insurance rates or using retirement planning calculators).
- When you communicate with us, either by email, phone, or other means of communication, we may also collect the content of these communications, including but not limited to recordings of phone calls where permitted by law.
We do not store or keep this information on our servers.
Information Automatically Collected: When you visit the Webite, use the services, or open an email from RKHomeowner, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including without limitation:
- IP address or other device address or ID.
- Web browser and/or device type.
- Geolocation data, including if you use the Website on a mobile device.
- Hardware and software settings and configurations.
- Web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site.
- Pages you view on the Website.
- Your actions on the Website, including the electronic path you take to our Website, through our Website and when exiting our Website, as well as your usage and activity on our Website, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services.
Cookie Information: When you use the Services, we may send one or more Cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent Cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your Cookie settings. If you delete, or choose not to accept, Cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Services to their fullest potential.
How We Use Your Information: Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we use it in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business. We use the information you provide, for example:
A. To operate, maintain and improve the Services and create new features and functionality.
B. To understand and analyze usage trends and preferences of our users across different devices.
C. For fraud detection and information security.
D. We may use your e-mail address or other personal information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, (b) to address intellectual property, right of privacy or defamation issues related to content you have posted on the Services, and/or (c) to send you promotional materials, offers, and/or messages related to the Services and the activities of third parties we work with. Generally, you can opt out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages or by updating your account preferences through the Services.
E. We may use Cookie Information and Automatically Collected Information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) pre-fill forms; (c) provide customized advertisements, content, and information across your devices; (d) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third-party marketing activities; (e) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
How We Share Your Information: We may share your information with third-party service providers to support our internal and business operations. In such cases, service providers may use the information only as necessary to provide the services to us and are contractually required to keep your information confidential and secure. For example:
1. For website, application development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us.
2. For internal marketing, delivery of emails, including promotional, marketing and transactional materials, delivery of other promotional materials, including via postal mailers, SMS and text messaging, and online and social media promotions and advertising.
3. For fraud prevention and security purposes.
When you choose to share your own information on a publicly accessible area of the Website, such as a public profile page or any section where you can publicly submit questions to us or our third-party partners, that information will be available to anyone who is able to access that content, including other Website users. Additionally, questions you submit and answers provided by third parties may be posted on our Website and viewable by other users and the public.
1. We may share de-identified and/or aggregate analytics with third-party partners about how users interact with our Services, including usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
2. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.